Thursday, December 5, 2013

Review and Modification: Kotobukiya Frame Arms Wilber Nine

When I received the Wilber Nine from my friend Winn, I realized that I was less than thrilled with the endoskeleton's color.



Photo taken from main Kotobukiya Frame Arms site: http://main.kotobukiya.co.jp/fa/rf12wilbernine.html
















I decided to replace the skeleton with a Frame Architect 001 - For Modeler's Edition endoskeleton, so it would be in metallic grey. I was pleased with the results.




Yes, I removed the waist plates. More on that later.


I figured, since I'd done this already, that I should go forward and do even more, given all the spare parts I had.

Initially, that meant making a partner:

Yes, taken from spare parts all over the place.

It looked cool to have a back weapon that could take care of pursuers.

Even though mecha-sized revolvers still look weird (Patlabor notwithstanding), I figured it was a good idea.

Of course, knives, knives knives...

I wanted to deck out the shotgun with more details, but it didn't make sense.


Eventually, what I got was this set:

Option Parts are on the floor. Yes, I replaced the orignal slasher bade hands with normal ones.
Here are more photos of the Wilber Nine 2A and Wilber Nine 2B (sorry I haven't figured out what to name them, yet).


I decided to change the wheel orientation.

And this is the reason why I removed the side waistplates. I needed weapon mounts.

Back view.

In "solo" ride mode.

Another shot of the solo ride mode.

Configured for 2B.


A bit awkward, but well, real mecha ride each other!



No comments:

Post a Comment