Monday, February 25, 2013

Photos: 1/144 Gundam AGE-2 Parts-Swapping

Angel and Archer

For some reason, I've always been a fan of the AGE-2's design, even if the clunky chest section left me a bit cold. Such was my liking of it that I have multiple versions of it - and I even bought the Artemis add-on system.

One thing that I didn't like, though, was that the Artemis lower legs look totally out of place with the massive shoulder-mounted cannons. So, using an AGE-2 Double Bullet variant as the base kit, I just used the "normal" legs, then added the cannon and two shields from the AGE-2 Normal type. I've taken to calling this kitbash the "Archer", as a wordplay on Artemis, though if I really wanted to be mythical about it, I'd probably use a term like Nimrod.


That left me with enough pieces to make another kitbash, which, due to how the Artemis legs mixed with the AGE-2 Normal wings, I've nicknamed "Angel".

I'll probably be working on these within the year. I have my entry for the Nationals to take care of first.



AGE-2 Archer - AGE-2 Double Bullet base kit, with shoulder cannons from the Artemis add-on, and shields and Rifle from the AGE-2 Normal (You need 2 Normal kits to get the paired shields).

AGE-2 Angel - AGE-2 Normal base kit, with Artemis lower-leg and Sword/gun weapon add-ons. 





No comments:

Post a Comment