Monday, September 8, 2014

Custom Modification: Crossbone Kali, ver. 2


The original mecha for this mod is the HGBF 1/144 Crossbone Maoh Gundam. However, for this mod, I've added pieces from various AGE mecha, and parts from Skull Weapons Sets. The idea started out as adding more arms for the Crossbone, but somewhere along the way, it just evolved to this.

Original Kali version here.

Apologies for the wide-angle distortion, am currently using my new phone's digicam, since the usual cam was being used somewhere else. 


I. The Crossbone Kali "Bare Bones" base mecha
The idea here is that even when bereft of the full capabilities, it should look like it can fight - and look good, too. It actually reminds me of Getta Robot (first combination) in this mode.




II. Full Armor
I have to admit, this is influenced by the original fully-armored Crossbone mecha. I've been thinking of more stylish ways to show off the weapons, but this will do for now.


III. "True Flyer"
I'm following AGE logic with making a side unit that is made up of the original arm and leg parts of the Crossbone, along with the original weapons for the AGE-2 parts, and the pirate gun/blaster/sword. The idea, I guess, is that the Kali can revert to the original unit with some in-combat "volt-in" action, if the initial mecha parts are too damaged already. I'm still figuring out how to make it less clunky

 
I'm sure this will evolve a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment